Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE-ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration to choose from. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
It was hard to decide where to start when it came time to make a card for today’s blog hop, but for some reason the image below (found on page 51 of 52 in the Occasions Catalog) kept on flashing in my mind.
After trying to figure out why this creation was what I wanted to CASE from the current catalogs I realized that I was drawn to the peek through effect created with a washi tape background. A different contrast and pattern was where I wanted to head so I pulled out the It’s My Party Designer Washi Tape‘ and changed the cardstock to Basic Black. Now, I know this creates a whole different look, but I love how it came together. I also used the Rose Garden Framelits Dies and infilled the die cut areas with the Botanicals Gardens Designer Vellum Stack – one of out Sale-A-Bration items! The Fine-Tip Glue Pen came in handy to get these elements to attach together easily, in fact I don’t know what other options might have worked if this glue wasn’t available. For a closer look check out the Botanicals Gardens Designer Vellum Stack.
I think the patterns in the washi background is key to get a proper contrast so after selecting the Its My Party Designer Washi Tape it seemed fitting to create a Happy Birthday card as well. The sentiment shown here comes for the Birthday Blooms Stamp Set and the strip of Whisper White cardstock is cut out using the Triple Banner Punch.
Thanks for visiting my blog today, I hope you enjoyed my take on CASE-ing the Catalog. To continue with the hop and see what other fabulous creations lie in store for you, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog