Welcome to the Pals’ March Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because ”Spring Has Sprung” – at least on our blog hop if not outside! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The last few days have finally started to feel like spring might be coming soon, or at least to Kansas. I’ve never been a huge fan of winter, but it’s hopefully coming to an end. Now don’t get me wrong, snow and ice are absolutely gorgeous. I love seeing the world clean, fresh, and frozen but I simply hate going out in it. Which is why when I heard birds chirping Sunday morning after the time change I knew spring was here – or almost here.
I was so excited to hear that this months Pals Blog Hop was all about Spring, I am SO ready for it to arrive!
For my creation today I used the gorgeous Country Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to create this spring inspired background. When I saw this folder I had to snatch it up. Luckily there is still time to earn this folder for free! That’s right, the Country Floral Dynamic TIEF is one of the lovely Sale-A-Bration rewards offered as part of our second release.
I first inked up my Country Floral Dynamic TIEF with a sponge dauber and a bit of Petal Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad and added touches of color throughout the background. I spritzed my Whisper White cardstock and ran it through with my Big Shot, ensuring I used the correct layers with my Big Shot Platform. I was left with a soft tone and the raised florals.
Then I used my sponge daubers again, only this time directly on my paper starting with my lightest color – Granny Apple Green on the leaves. I made sure to only keep a bit of each color on my sponge daubers so that I could add the layers and layers I wanted to get the tones to vary. Then I continually added light layers of Highland Heather to all the flowers until the paper was saturated.
This card needed just a bit of more dimension. With both Calypso Coral and Petal Pink cardstock and the Well Written Framelit Dies a sentiment was formed. I used one layer of each cardstock stacked with the word ‘Welcome‘ – hopefully to invite Spring. Lastly, I tied a fun bow using the Calypso Coral 3/8″ Satin Ribbon. This ribbon is absolutely luxurious and I think the finishing touch this card needed!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope my creation got you in the springy mood!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Families First” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Roseanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping