Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
For my creation today I decided to work with the stunning Botanicals Garden Designer Series Paper and the coordinating Botanical Builders Framelit Dies. I simply love the combination and the best part is that yes, these dies easily create textures with just a few simple cranks of your Big Shot! I wanted these Blooms to really pop of the page so I did several things to achieve this look. First off I used our Shimmery White Cardstock, which is a bit hard to see in this photo, but it looks even prettier in person because of the extra shine that is already on the cardstock. Then once these flowers were cut out using my Big Shot I carefully pulled the petals apart and added some ink using my Daubers in Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, and Cajan Craze – pulling off of the tones included in the Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper.
I used Dimensionals to make these multicolored flowers pop off the card base. I knew they needed something else, so I decided to make these layered flowers using another die from the Botanical Builders Framelit Dies, once again I used the Shimmery White Cardstock only this time I used my ink to almost cover the smaller blooms that were then attached using Glue Dots. The finishing touch is the darling Basic Jewel Rhinestones that add just another layer of shine. The entire card came together quickly, but the Blooms took a little more thought and prep.
I do hope this card inspires you to create with the fabulous Botanical Builders Framelit Dies. You never know what might come out of your hands when you Build flowers, especially with all of the amazing products Stampin’ Up! offers, but the exploration is half the fun!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love